Isnor Dzulkarnain Jaafar
Managing Director of DLUX Entertainment
Executive Producer of DLUX Studios
Founder of Singapore Malay Film Society
Isnor Dzulkarnain Jaafar a Filmmaker, Producer, Colorist, Digital Imaging Technician, Marketing Director & Film Distributor.
He was one of the recipients of the Tan Chay Bing Scholarship in 2011. With a full scholarship Honours degree in Lasalle College of the Arts, Puttnam School of Films, he returned to his alma mater to continue his film education after being in the TV industry for more than 15 years.
One of his earlier achievements was winning Kacau for “Best Film of Singapore” in Filmapalooza Festival hosted by the Miami International Film Festival, Florida. It came in as a winning entry from 48 Hours Film Project 2010, an International Short Film Competition.
For the Malay community at large, he founded the Singapore Malay Film Society (SMFS) in 2010, with the vision to unite individuals with a similar passion in film-making.
As the Executive Producer of DLUX Studios, video production and focuses on color grading, DIT/ Data Wrangling, post-production and digital cinema services. Some of his works are on – Channel News Asia’s documentaries, Suria’s telemovies and episodic dramas, local & International TV Commercials, Ad Agencies and local feature films. He also worked on Film Restoration projects such as Eric Khoo’s 12 Stories & Mee Pok Man, Astro Shaw’s Zombie Kampung Pisang & Kalau Malam Bulan Mengambang.
He is also the Managing Director of DLUX Entertainment, another wing focused on film distribution for the Nusantara market. Among the Malaysian and Indonesian blockbuster movies that were brought in to Singapore Cinemas were Redha, Rock Bro, Soulmate Hingga Jannah, Kau Takdirku, Jrevolusi, Adiwiraku, Langsuir, Paskal, Kuntilanak 2, Dilan 1991 & recently Philipino blockbuster Hello, Love Goodbye.
With film partnerships, network and resources mainly in Nusantara – Malaysia, Indonesia & Brunei, he aims to produce feature films for the Nusantara market.
Achievements & Awards
- 2008, “Surat” Fly By Night Video Challenge “Judge’s Choice Award”, Moving Images, Substation. Editor
- 2010, “Kacau” 48 Hours Film Project, “Best Film of Singapore”. Miami Florida, USA, International Film Festival, Filmapalooza Film Festival. Executive Producer, Cinematographer & Editor
- 2011. Awarded with a $10,000 Tan Chay Bing Scholarship to pursue a BA(Hons) degree in Film.
- 2011, “Ayesha” The New Paper First Film Fest, “Reader’s Choice Award (Most Number of Votes)”, The New Paper & Sinema. Producer & Editor
- 2012, “Dear Sarah” Singapore Media Academy’s Creative Video Awards, Top 12 Finalist. Producer & Editor
- 2012, “BB Cam 2012” Breast Cancer Awareness Video Competition, 1st Prize Winner, KK Hospital. Cinematographer & Editor.
- 2013, “Gaji” CiNe65 Film Competition, Mindef, Nominated for “Best Screenplay”. Producer & Editor
- 2015, “Genggam” Cine65 Short Film Competition, Mindef, awarded Special Mentioned. Producer & Colorist.
Past Projects (As Colorist)
- 2014, “Standing In Still Waters”, Creative Room, Singapore
- 2014, “MsJ Contemplates Her Choice”, Oak3 Films, Singapore
- 2014, “Banting”, Papahan Films, Singapore
- 2015, “The Return”, Mirtillo Films, Singapore
- 2015, “Singapore Minstrel”, Ng Xi Jie, Singapore
- 2015, “Mee Pok Man”, 4K Restoration, Eric Khoo, Singapore
- 2015, “12 Storeys”, 2K Restoration, Eric Khoo, Singapore
- 2015, Pineapple Town (7 Letters), Tan Pin Pin, Singapore
- 2016, “Cold Pressed”, Viknesh Island Productions, Florida, USA
- 2018, “Zombie Kampung Pisang”, Film Restoration, Astro, Malaysia
- 2018, “Kala Bulan Mengambang”. Film Restoration, Astro, Malaysia
- Singapore Botanical Gardens | Beach House Pictures | 2015
- Story of Our City 3D | CNA & Screenbox | 2015
- Trapped Minds | RETA | Toggle | 2016
- Bronze Documentary | CNA | 2018
- Game On Becak | Bein Sports | 2017
- Starhub Deepavali | Red Dot Moving Pictures | 2017
- Kisah Tok Kadi Ep 1 – 8 | Think Plate | Suria | 2016
- Helai Demi Helai | Project 2020 | Temasek Holdings | Lasalle College of the Arts | 2016
- Windmill | Project 2020 | Temasek Holdings | NTU | 2016
- Ama | Project 2020 | Temasek Holdings | NP | 2016
- Childless Mother | NP | 2015
- Gone Home | NP | 2015
- Afloat | NP | 2015
- Reunion | TP | 2015
- Pupa | Highest Kite | 2015
- Don’t Feed The Snakes | NP | 2015
- SMA Last Hours | 2015 | 3m47secs
- Men Behind The Mask | TP | 2015
- The Dream Team | TP | Singapore Discovery Centre | 2015
- My Autograph Book | Wee Li Lin | 2015
- I Never Lie | 8Pixel Production | 2014
- Tasmin | TP | 2016
- Akan Pedas Ikan Salmon | TP | 2016
- My Blue | Boboying Films | 2016